Saturday, June 15, 2013

Natalie Star and Embarrassing Moments

Hi everybody! I've got a fun little treat for you today! Author Natalie Star has bravely stopped by the blog here today. Why does this make her brave? Well, after the fun we had with Arlene O' Neil's most embarrassing moment a couple weeks ago I decided we needed another one! Take it away Natalie!

I was a young adult of 19 and I was working my first “real” job in a savings bank. I’d had jobs before like a temp job at an insurance agency typing up a mailing list, babysitting, and working various positions in a movie theater, but this one was very grown up compared to those. I actually had to take a train and a bus into the city for training in the bank teller position.

Being one of the youngest employees I learned a lot from the older adults I worked with. One of those things was how to have a potluck lunch. I’ve always had a love for food, and back then at a size 7 I could afford to eat. Potluck day was my favorite, we didn’t have them often but I loved seeing the sign-up sheet.

Now I have to tell you about the little old man in the parking lot before I go on. Every morning, and I mean every single morning, there he was sitting in his car waiting. I never found out what or who he was waiting for. He parked behind the bank and I passed him on my way in each day. He was the sweetest, cutest thing. He would smile and wave each time I saw him.

Well, one potluck day as I was passing him I gave him a waveless smile because my hands were full of my purse and my casserole dish filled with yumminess for potluck day. Right at that point my skirt clasp failed and fell down my waist so fast. It was a silky fabric so it dropped like a rock. I hated wearing slips so all I had on underneath was a pair of pantyhose (I hate those too, but it was required on the job). I felt the cool air rushing across my legs the second my skirt broke free.

 I froze, and panicked so badly that I didn’t know what to do. Eventually when my brain came back to focus I slowly placed my glass dish on the ground so it wouldn’t break, and then I lifted my skirt back up and prayed after I “fixed” it, that it wouldn’t fall down again before I could get inside. When I finally had myself together I looked up to the man and he was beat red and grinning. He wouldn’t look me in the eye.

With my face flushed red, because there were others in the area too, but none as close as my morning friend, I went to work. Sad thing is, after that day I never saw the man again. Maybe he was being a gentleman in going somewhere else after my embarrassing situation, but I missed seeing him as part of my morning routine.

Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction in public?

Oh gosh, you poor girl! Haha! Pardom me for laughing, haha. I can't say that I have had a public wardrobe malfunction. Hmm. . .yeah I can't think of one. *knock on wood* Well, anyway, thanks for sharing that Natalie! I'm sure it's given you a lot of laughs looking back on it! 

Now for you readers, head on over and check out Natalie's work! You won't want to miss out! Make sure you take a look at Natalie's book The Keeper, on sale right now! 

Blurb:

   The morning of her sixteenth birthday, Billie feels blessed despite the reoccurring nightmare that wakes her. Loving parents, a caring boyfriend, and great friends surround her until an heirloom necklace throws her into a world she never imagined.
   “Gifted” with supernatural powers and an unexpected destiny as the Keeper, Billie and a mysterious boy from her past must work together to find answers. But, as they begin to discover feelings for one another, he disappears leaving her to fight evil alone. Her life spirals out of control. She breaks up with her boyfriend, Tony, and alienates her best friends Arianna and Jocelyn to protect them from the truth.
   As dark forces pursue her, Billie longs to run away from it all, yet a need to do what’s right compels her to face the future as the keeper of more than her own fortune.

Links:
Purchase sites: http://authornataliestar.blogspot.com/2012/01/keeper-where-can-you-find-it.html  To celebrate the one year anniversary of The Keeper, the price has been reduced to $2.99.

Author Bio:
When I'm not reading or writing, I can be found with my husband supporting my two children on the soccer fields. Or maybe running around with my camera taking photos while camping and/or hiking. Or lastly, and most probable - I'm watching movies on Netflix while simultaneously perusing Facebook.
Our family resides in the state of Virginia along with our old-unintelligent-diabetic cat named Lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment