Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Today I'd like you all to welcome author Caitlin Hensley, as she celebrates the release of book two of her Inhuman Chronicles series!


Hi Caitlin, and welcome back to my blog! It's been a while, but it is always a pleasure to have you here! Before we give our readers all the details they need to get your new book, let's help them get to know you a bit, shall we?

How does your real life interact/play a role in/interfere with your writing life?
Real life often interferes with the time I have set aside for my writing, which can be a pain, but at the same time, the events in my life sometimes provide inspiration. Also, I’ve found that when my life is busy, I have a lot more creativity to unleash in my books.

What genres have you written?
I’ve written fantasy, paranormal, post-apocalyptic, and a retold fairytale for teens. For adults, I’ve started working on a paranormal mystery.


Are you a plotter or a pantser?
I think I’m a loose plotter. I don’t like to write out every single thing that’s going to happen in a book, because to me, that feels like telling the story twice. Before I start working on a new project, I type a vague outline, and then go from there, expanding the plot.

How many books have you written?
I’ve finished thirteen books since I started writing seriously a couple of years ago, and I’ve also started several projects that I haven’t finished yet.

What are a few interesting things you’ve studied/researched for your latest novel?
Right now I’m working on edits for a YA book that takes place after a nuclear war that ended life as we know it. While I was writing it, I had to read up on radiation, Geiger counters, frostbite, how to help someone give birth, and different types of guns.

You just released the second book in The Inhuman Chronicles, Untold Promise. Who is your favorite character in that book? Why?
That’s a tough one, but I think Jake’s probably my favorite. He banters a lot with Haily (the main character), which is a lot of fun for me to write. And in this book, a lot more of Jake’s backstory is revealed, so I can’t wait for people to read about that.

Is there any part of writing that you don’t like?
At times, I’ll hate both writing and editing, but that’s just when I’ve reached a tricky part.

When you read, what is your favorite genre?
I’ll read just about anything, actually.

Indie publishing or traditional publishing?
I used to want to be traditionally published, but I’m really glad I chose to publish on my own. Indie all the way!

I 100% agree with you! If you could have time travel abilities and could meet anyone from any time, who would you like to meet?
I’d like to travel back to meet relatives of mine and explore the past. Checking out the future would be pretty cool, too.

 
What's the weirdest thing you've Googled?
 
Well, recently I Googled the embalming process, which I’d say qualifies as weird.

Haha, the things we authors research! Do you have any advice for other writers?
Keep writing, and never give up.

Couldn't have said it better myself :) And now, Where can readers stalk you?
Blog
Facebook
Goodreads
Amazon Author Page

Fantastic. Well there you have it people! You now know a bit about Miss Caitlin Hensley, young author extraordinaire! And now, what you've all been waiting for, just click on the image below to get your copy of Untold Promise! Click here for book one of the Inhuman Chronicles, free right now!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment