Thursday, May 23, 2013

Please Welcome Arlene R. O’Neil!


Today I have a fun little treat for you! As a funky and different way to get to know author Arlene R. O’Neil, I've invited her to my blog and asked her to share something awesome: her most embarrassing moment! Take it away Arlene! 


I’m not certain I can narrow it down to one moment as there have been so many in my life. However, one instance does stand out more than others. My baby goat Paxton, was about 5 days old and we were walking through the cattle catch pen. Paxton suddenly decided to spring into action and landed in a huge puddle of assorted wet cattle material near the water tub and got stuck. He was screaming and sinking, so without even a thought I stepped in to pick him up. Holding him close to me I realized that I too, was sinking in this horrible, smelly, gooey pool. I couldn’t let him go and I couldn’t move. The harder I tried, the deeper I sunk until I was knee deep in slop. A friend of mine was laughing so hard she couldn’t even help pull me out. Each step I took sucked the boots off my feet and I ended up lying across the puddle getting Paxton to safety while I crawled my way out. I was covered from head to toe in the most awful mixture of manure imaginable. Of course while I was being hosed off, a fit of laughter ensued. I had to strip off most of my clothes on the deck and Pax and I got into a warm shower. These are the times you wish you had a video camera handy. Although embarrassing, I’m glad my “Mother’s instinct” stepped in and my kid was safe.

Hahaha, oh man! I don't know about you, but I get the impression that there's lots of fun stuff in Arlene's work! Check out her bio below and all her links! Get Broken Spokes now for only $.99!

Biography of Arlene R. O’Neil

“Writing is what lights me up,” states Arlene R. O’Neil. “Being a visual writer, I love seeing my work come to life: to take the reader with me on a journey word by word: to touch a reader whether through laughter or tears.” Her current book, “Broken Spokes,” refers to broken bones, broken bike, and broken spirit. It speaks to the reader of determination, of survival, of inspiration.

Born and raised in Connecticut, Mrs. O’Neil moved to South Carolina to work on her second novel, which will relate the roller coaster life of being the parent of a Soldier on active duty. O’Neil says, “My son, SGT Tanner O’Neil, is a member of the United States Army and the joy, pride, and love of my life. After five tours of duty to active war zones, I feel the need to share my experience with other parents in hope of lessening their fears.” SGT O'Neil recently returned from his 5th combat tour.

Currently Arlene lives with her two Labradors, Holly and Bruno, and her adorable pet goats, Paxton, JaeJay, Rupert, Patches, and Frosty. “These amazing characters have helped me through some incredibly difficult times and I love them dearly.”

Aside from writing, supporting her son while deployed, and caring for her animals, Arlene lives on 3 ½ acres of land that her and her beloved animals enjoy.

An author, editor and proofreader, Arlene R. O’Neil may be contacted atarleneoneil@aol.com

Kindle




Paperback



Facebook page



Litflix Video


No comments:

Post a Comment