Monday, May 27, 2013

"The Dream Keeper," by Mikey Brooks

Dreams: Dorothy called it Oz, Alice called it Wonderland, but Nightmares call it HOME.

When an evil shifter takes over the gateway to the realm of Dreams, it falls to 14-year-olds Parker and Kaelyn to stop him. Their only hope lies with Gladamyr, the Dream Keeper, but can they trust a Nightmare to save their world?


Pulled in yet? I know I am. In fact, I'll let you in on a little secret . . . this great book you're wondering about now,  The Dream Keeper, by Mikey Brooks . . . yeah, I'm reading it right now, and I love it! Today I have Mikey here on my blog to help him celebrate the release of his book! Here's all the deets on how to get yourself a copy, and keep reading for a great guest post from Mikey about finding inspiration from classics. 




BOOK LINKS:
Paperback Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4260677





Finding Inspiration from Classics
By: Mikey Brooks

I have always been interested in hidden worlds. Ever since I was little I used to believe that the gateways to these worlds were closer than we thought. One day while exploring the woods that surrounded our farm in Missouri I found the remains of an ancient house that had been blown away in a tornado. The only thing left was a bit of the foundation and a set of stone steps leading to an invisible door. I often imagined as I stood there that if I just took one step forward I’d find myself in a dreamland. A place where magic existed and adventure called.

It wasn’t hard for me to believe in the magic of Oz because I had seen Dorothy’s house. On occasion I had found numerous rabbit holes leading to wonderlands. I believed the woods were magic—and they were. Even today I find a lot of my inspiration from the mysteries hidden there.

I wanted to write something based off the classics I had loved as a child. What if Oz and Wonderland were the same place? They were both dreamlands after all. I also wanted a world that wasn’t limited to just a few people to enter—I wanted everyone to visit it. The ideas planted as a child carried on and became the inspiration for my book. I had found the way into a hidden world. It isn’t Oz, or Wonderland, it’s Dreams.

I am excited to announce the release of my middle-grade fantasy THE DREAM KEEPER. It is an action-packed adventure with a toe in both the real world and the fantastic. When an evil shifter takes over the gateway to the realm of Dreams, it falls to 14-year-olds Parker and Kaelyn to stop him. Their only hope lies with Gladamyr, the Dream Keeper, but can they trust a Nightmare to save their world?


------

BIO:
Mikey Brooks is a small child masquerading as adult. On occasion you’ll find him dancing the funky chicken, singing like a banshee, and pretending to have never grown up. He is the author/illustrator of several books including BEAN’S DRAGONS, the ABC ADVENTURES series, and author of the middle-grade fantasy-adventure novel, THE DREAM KEEPER. He spends most of his time playing with his daughters and working as a freelance illustrator. Mikey has a BS degree in Creative Writing from Utah State University. He is also one of the hosts of the Authors’ Think Tank Podcast

EMAIL:

AUTHOR LINKS:
Twitter as: @writtenbymikey

No comments:

Post a Comment