Monday, December 10, 2012

Another Side of Me

So this post has very little to do with writing. Okay, it has nothing to do with writing, but I feel like to really get to know an author you should know a bit about what they do when they aren't writing because that often shapes how a writer writes their stories. Lately I have been very busy and it has been keeping me away from my 30 Days of Nano project, as well as editing my Nano 2012 novel, or finishing my Camp Nano story from August.

So here it is, something you may not know about me: I am a musician. More specifically for this particular post, I am a singer. I am a part of a wonderful choir and we have been rehearsing and performing like crazy. This past weekend we had our big culminating Christmas concert, combined with four other choirs. Each choir sang a couple of songs on their own, and then we all came together as one big choir and performed three other songs. The last song, John Rutter's Gloria is what has been occupying my time so much lately. Extensive rehearsals at far away locations for long hours certainly paid off though. I hope you'll watch these, since most of you live much too far away for me to have invited you. I wanted to though, have no doubt. So, here you are, you are invited to my virtual concert! If you only watch one, watch Gloria, especially the last movement. I would be so flattered and interested to hear what you thought. Enjoy!

Edit to the above info: I just found out that a great friend I made in all of this is also a writer and she just did NaNoWriMo for the first time. How freaking awesome is that! I love finding writers who live so close to me :)

Jordan LDS Institute Choir - A Christmas Proclamation



Jordan LDS Institute Choir - The First Noel/Jesus Once of Humble Birth



Combined Choirs - Christmas Bells



Combined Choirs - Beautiful Savior



Combined Choirs - Gloria



No comments:

Post a Comment