Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Next Big Thing Blog Hop

Hi there everybody! Today I am participating in my first ever blog hop! Fun, right? I think so! Thanks to Caitlin Hensley for tagging me so I can hop along! Yeah. . . bad pun, I know. I shouldn't even try. I've had a lot of fun answering these questions, and I hope that you enjoy reading them!

--------

What is the title of your book? Through the Paper Wall

Where did the idea for the book come from? One day, one or two years ago, I just had this scene pop into my head, and it mega evolved once I started working on it.

What genre does your book fall under? Juvenile fiction fantasy.

Will your book be self-published or represented under an agency? While I am trying the traditional way with one of my other books I am going the self-pub route with this one. I want to be able to compare the two if I am lucky enough to be published elsewhere. I'd like to have full control with this one, just to try things out.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? Believe it or not, I wrote it in only 13 days, though that was over a month's worth of time.

Give a one sentence synopsis of your novel: Jesse and his Dad just moved to a tiny little town and Jesse hates it, but his outlook on life changes completely when he discovers a tunnel in his basement that leads to a very troubled fantasy world.

What other works would you compare your story to? I guess it is kind of like the Secrets of Droon series, though written for a slightly older audience.

Who or what inspired you to write this book? NaNoWriMo 2012 and my fellow writers in our Facebook group totally inspired this one. I wasn't sure what story to work on for NaNoWriMo this year, and I just ended up going with this one. If it weren't for my friends in the NaNoWriMo Facebook group I don't think I could have finished it.

What else might pique the reader's interest?  What really comes to save the day in the end of this story is the power of words themselves (one of my more brilliant ideas, if I may say so myself). It is only through what we truly mean that can save us in the end.

---------

Now I get to tag five other writers so they can share in the fun! All you have to do is link back to me, and then post your answers to these questions on December 12th. When you are done, tag five other writers at the bottom of your post. That's it! Easy peasy rice and cheesey! Have fun!

Alicia

Tameka

Nic 

Nicole

Kessa

No comments:

Post a Comment