Monday, December 3, 2012

Post-Nano Life

So, even though for the past few days a lot of us have been posting sad and disappointed posts about NaNoWriMo being over, the fun has certainly not died. In fact, I believe all of our shenanigans in November were only pieces of a great foundation for something even bigger and better. The fun and games have certainly not ceased and our Facebook group is still hopping! Today one of our admins updated the description of our group as follows:

"We...Nano.

"We, writers be

"We kill Eric Kovach, apparently

"Not enough to prevent his Zombie postings, obviously

"PIE!

"Cookies"

I, for one, think this is just about as good of a description of our crazy group can have. For those of you who aren't in on the story, no, we haven't really killed Eric, but he has definitely been written in and killed off in a large and growing number of peoples' novels. Why do I like this description so much? Because it is telling. It shows the following things:

-We do NaNoWriMo
-We are all writers
-We have inside jokes, which means we are friends
-We like to food, especially desserts
-We are crazy, especially to outsiders

Yep, that sounds pretty darn accurate to me! Kudos to our admin for capturing our essence in such a brilliant literary snapshot! Besides all of us still being crazy and talking and writing, several members of the group and I have been working on a project that I started and fondly call "The 30 Days of Nano." You'll know soon enough what this is. I can't wait to show you all. It is great fun, and it can only get greater!

So, what have I done since NaNoWriMo ended? Well, in a writing sense, not much at all. The Christmas season is already upon us, as you have surely noticed due to the much longer lines in stores everywhere, as well as the growing number of decorations and lights. As a musician I have been performing and rehearsing like crazy, and it will only get crazier throughout the rest of this week. I am proud to say, however, that I have dipped my toes into the editing side of working on Through the Paper Wall, and I am really excited to get going!

So, now you know what I have been up to (which, if you read between the lines is mostly spending a lot of time on the NaNoWriMo Facebook group page talking to people). What have you been up to since November ended?

- Heidi Nicole Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment