Monday, February 25, 2013

Dream Project Blog Hop

Hi Everybody! Last week was certainly a challenge, and I am very grateful to be back into my normal life today! On Friday I was supposed to participate in the "Dream Project Blog Hop," and even though I am late, I still wanted to post my answers, since this blog hop is such a fun one! Not quite the tips I usually give on Mondays, but it should be fun anyway! The person for the day after me, who I was supposed to tag, was Martin Crosbie, so check out his blog here! The real poster for today is Kevin Brown, so check out his answers, and for tomorrow's post head over to Shelia Lytle's blog! Thanks to Cody Martin for inviting me to participate in this blog hop! Now, onto the questions!

------

Writing is largely solitary, and sometimes a lonely endeavor. Sure, you talk to friends, experts for research, discuss what works and what doesn't with your editor, and bounce ideas off of fellow writers. But in the end it's one person pounding the keyboard or twirling the pencil. But what if it didn't have to be completely alone? Who would YOU work with if you could work with anyone on your favorite project?

In this post, that's what I'm asking. Choose a person for each category and tell why you want to work with them. If you want, feel free to post their picture, a piece of their work, or a link to something about them. The only rule is that the person must still be alive.

Writers dream. Now it's time to dream BIG.



You have the opportunity to hire anybody as your cover artist. If you write children's books or books that are heavily illustrated, who would you get for the interior artwork?


I recently came across Ravven, a book cover artist, but I would also be so interested in having her do the interior artwork for my book. I am a very visual person, and I try to describe things as well as I can for the reader, but I also love when books include illustrations that better show the reader what the author had in mind. Illustrations would have come in handy for my recently released book Through the Paper Wall and I would have loved to see what Ravven would have done! Her artwork is fantastic. 


Who would you co-write your next novel with? What genre? Why?




I would absolutely love to co-write a juvenile fiction fantasy novel with Bruce Coville. He is one writer that I have looked up to since I was a child, and I still love his work. I have forever been fascinated by his ability to create an incredible story, and I would just about die if I had the chance to write with him!


Your publisher wants to do an audiobook version of your novel and they're not sparing any expense. Who do you think can narrate your masterpiece?


I am a huge lover of audiobooks as they greatly shaped my childhood and I continue to listen to them today. While I have fallen in love with some particular narrators, I am particularly, and ridiculously fond of Full Cast Audio, a company created by Bruce Coville - see, there he is again! I really love this guy. Instead of having one person narrate the entire book, Full Cast Audio is exactly what it says - a full cast of actors interpreting your book for all to hear. Each character has their own voice, which makes the books come to life even more. I would be giddier than a child on Christmas for the rest of my life if I could have my book recorded by them. 


They're really going all out! Your novel is getting a full soundtrack. Who should compose it? If your novel uses a lot of songs, list your compilation here.


Wow, how cool would that be! Let's see . . . for a children's fantasy, I think I would prefer the soundtrack to be composed by Hans Zimmer or James Horner. Heck, let's make it a collaboration!


Congratulations! Your novel is being turned into a major motion picture. As the creator of the original work, you get to pick the director.

Gosh, what an honor! If Through the Paper Wall were to be made into a motion picture I would love for Shawn Levy to be the director. I have long been impressed with his work on Night at the Museum and I would love to see such stellar direction given to my story. 




The director has some ideas on who to cast, but you get to cast one character. What role/character is it and who portrays them?

I totally thought about this while I was writing my book! If I could choose one actor to portrait one of my characters I would, hands down, have Samantha Barks play Renna. In a way the character of Renna, at least her appearance, is based off of how Samantha Barks portrays the character Eponine. Gosh . . . she would just be perfect! 


You've been hired to write a novel based on a preexisting character or franchise from another medium. Which character or franchise is it?

Wow, hard question! Hmm . . . I'm going to go with Hermione Granger, from the Harry Potter series - like anyone needs to be told that, haha. I would absolutely love to do this project based on Hermione, who I have long adored.


It's the anniversary of your favorite literary character's debut. You've been hired (yay, work!) to write an anniversary novel. Who is the literary character?


Cara, from the Unicorn Chronicles series, by, wait for it . . . Bruce Coville. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. So, you like this Bruce Coville guy, I take it? Hahaha. Anyway, don't worry about the mix up, everything got fixed. Congrats on your book, and I hope you enjoyed the hop. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete