Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Victory, by DeEtte Beckstead


Today I'd like to showcase a book by one of my good friends and fellow authors, DeEtte Beckstead. First we'll start off with the synopsis, and then we'll tell you a bit about the book itself!

"Victory, a town where the people love their country and their neighbors, but what happens when two visitors come to town? One comes with fear and control, slowly taking away the freedoms the people love. The other comes with faith. When darkness overtakes the town who will have Victory?"

Why would someone like your book? 
People who love their freedom and faith would enjoy Victory. It's a story about an 8 year old orphan and the town she lives in with her distant cousin. It's a story of faith, freedom, forgiveness, and redemption. Victory is a town where the people love their country and their neighbors in spite of their differences, but something happens when two visitors come to town. One comes with fear and control, slowly taking away the freedoms the people love. The other comes with faith. When darkness overtakes the town and even the child's very life is threatened, who will have Victory?

How old were you when you wrote your book? 
The age I am now less 5 years and 3 months! :)

How long did it take you to write it? 
The actual writing of Victory took 30 days since it was my NaNoWriMo project. I let it sit on my computer until January 2012 when my long-time friend (and now publisher) Kim Emerson told me I should publish it. It was then the editing and reworking began.

Did anything in particular inspire anything in your book, or anything you have written? 
Some of the incidents in Victory were inspired by events in my own life, or in the lives of others I have known. Others are dreams I have had and would like to see realized. The town itself was modeled after a small, rural town my youngest daughter and I lived in for a few years, and the attitudes and naiveté in the town in my book were influenced by some of the locals.

In my WIP, From Tinker to Belle, From Worthless to Priceless, the entire story was inspired by BelleKyra Joy, whose story it is. I could write a book on how she influenced it! LOL! 

To grab your own copy of this great story, head over to this link!

DeEtte will be returning to my blog for an interview, and to showcase her other book, but in the meantime you can learn more about her by visiting her author page on Amazon:


No comments:

Post a Comment