Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Book Review: "Darkest Day," by K.R. Hughes and T.L. Burns

Today I'd like to give you my two cents on the newest release from K.R. Hughes and T.L. Burns. Darkest Day is the second book in the What She Knew Trilogy, the sequel to Fateful Night, which I also reviewed.

***Unlike most books I review on this site, this one is not family friendly***

Darkest Day delivered in every way I wanted it to, and I was thrilled from the very beginning. Book one in the trilogy left me wanting more with every word, and this book is not one bit behind. From the first page I found myself drawn right back into the action, the possibilities, and the mystery. I am legitimately impressed with the authors' ability to keep track of so many characters and plot lines! There is so much going on, and yet they beautifully weave each plot line and idea into an intricate and well-put-together story that will have you at the edge of your seat. I was extremely satisfied with the adventure and quality of this book, and the only disappointment was realizing I was at the end! 

In this second installment, the authors continue to explore the "what ifs" that were encountered in the first book, and take them even farther, the biggest question being "what if Marilyn Monroe hadn't died, and what if she knew something that could have prevented the assassination of President Kennedy?" If you love adventure, intrigue, historical fiction, Marilyn Monroe, and being hooked by a good story, you'll love this book. 

If you are looking for a clean, family friendly book, this isn't it, as it contains a lot of strong language, some violence, and some scenes with adult content. If this isn't something you are worried about, then I highly recommend that you check out this book, as it will not disappoint! 5 stars, all the way! 

To get a copy of the book click here. Currently on sale for only $.99!
To connect with the authors visit their Facebook page or blog

No comments:

Post a Comment