Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Book Review: "Digitus 233," by K.D. Emerson

Okay guys, I have been wanting to do this post for a very, very long time, and now I finally can because I have finally finished this incredible book!

Digitus 233, by author K.D. Emerson . . . well, what can I even say? I finished the book only moments ago and I am still breathless. Emerson presents a unique and incredible story that will definitely leave you wishing for more, needing more, in fact. Few books or writers have ever caught my attention as much as Digitus 233 and K.D. Emerson have.

Digitus 233 tells a story, but it isn't that simple. This is one deep story that will have you guessing and gasping at every turn. You'll want to wear your literary seat belt for this one. In this dystopian young adult thriller Emerson shines light on power, control, and life in general, all wound into one breathtaking story. The author allows you to get inside the heads of not only one main character, but of all of them, which allows for so much breadth and life.

One aspect of this book that I would like to highlight is the lack of violent description. I am far from a fan of dystopian stories, but I ate this one up. The author brilliantly tells the story without making it too violent, which I love. She leaves room for your imagination to fill in the gaps, and to only imagine as much as you would like to. As a visual reader I appreciate that very much. This in no way inhibits the imagery or the story though, have no fear! It adds far more than it takes away, let me assure you.

All in all, I give this book a HUMONGOUS 5 STARS! I'd give more if I was allowed to. Like, 10 out out of 5. Really people, it was that good. It took me a while to read this book, simply because I am swamped right now, what with working on my own stories and publishing one this month, but I guarantee you that if you have the time, and even if you don't, you will not be able to put this book down. It will drawn you in and your electronic pages will be flying faster than you can imagine. I highly recommend this book for all readers from early teenage years and up!

Here's how you can get your hands on a copy, only $.99 right now on Amazon!

Digitus 233

I highly encourage you to grab a copy of this book. You will not be disappointed!

- Heidi Nicole Bird

6 comments:

  1. Super nice review Heidi for a wonderful book. It is difficult to explain this story or even do it justice but you did an excellent job!!!! Congrats to you and Miss Emerson for being able to write such a captivating, intelligent books for teens and up! I am a big fan and can't wait for your next book, Ontario and the sequel to the magnificent Digitus 233!!! Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Brenda, thank you for taking your valuable time to comment here. I am so SO grateful to you!

      Delete
    2. Brenda you are so kind! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Heidi, you are such a wonderful, beautiful and awesome person. May God enrich your life beyond your wildest dreams! Thank you for reviewing Digitus 233!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review - so passionate and genuine.

    ReplyDelete