Monday, November 18, 2013

NaNoWriMo Spotlight: Lyndsi Watson

I am particularly excited for you to meet today's guest, because she is a good friend and coworker of mine, miss Lyndsi Watson!

Have you participated in NaNaNoWriMo before? I've known about NaNaNoWriMo for a couple years but I've never tried it. 50,000 words in one month? Only crazy people attempt that! And this year, I want to be one of those crazy, insane writers.
How did you find out about NaNo and why did you decide to do it? A certain coworker (cough, cough, Heidi) persuaded me to give it a shot. She mentioned t-shirts and I signed up.
What type of story do you plan on writing this year, and what have you done in the past? I'm thinking about attempting a YA fantasy. I've never tried writing fantasy before, but I'm excited to see what happens.
What are you expecting? Oh, some bad hair days, sleepless nights from staying up writing or brainstorming. Maybe some bursts of inspiration which result in random dancing. I mostly just want to have fun because somewhere along the way, I forgot that writing and creating worlds and characters is fun. I've been stuck thinking that I can't write anything, not even a single sentence, unless it's perfect. So I'm using NaNaNoWriMo to cut loose.
Tell us one thing that is totally unique to you. What makes you different? Oh geez. I can never think of anything for this question! Um...when I was in first grade, I ran into a metal pole on the playground and cracked my cheekbone.
What is something you’ve learned about writing from your favorite author? Lots of authors say to write, write, write and read. One of my favorite authors reminds me to also live. You gotta go on crazy adventures and embrace life, no matter how ridiculous or fantastical it might seem. Sitting in your room with a pen or laptop won't give you ideas or experiences to draw off of. Go on an adventure and call it research for your next writing project.

No comments:

Post a Comment