Monday, November 4, 2013

NaNoWriMo Spotlight: Sara Devaney


Today I'd like to welcome Sara Devaney to my blog! Thanks for visiting Sara! Tell us about your NaNoWriMo experience.

My name is Sara, I am 28 years old, and I have been participating in NaNoWriMo for about 4 years. I have completed one novel and am hoping to get my last year's novel published soon. I found out about NaNoWriMo through my friend Jeannie. She was doing it and thought it would be fun if she and I, along with her friend Christina, would have fun writing and giving each other tips and advice. This year's novel is pretty awesome. Half of it takes place in 2013 and the other half takes place during the Renaissance period. It also takes place at a Renaissance Faire. The best advice I can give is to have fun and do a ton of research. Google and Ask are your best friends - trust me. I collect giraffes (I have about 15 of them), horses (I have 25 of them), candles (got about 26 of them) and books (no idea how many I have, lol)! I've learned that it's okay to be yourself and submerge yourself in your story.

Awesome, Sara! Good luck with your work this month, it sounds like a great story! To learn more about this writer visit Sara's Author Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment