Friday, November 15, 2013

NaNoWriMo Spotlight: Tameka Armstrong

Hi everybody! Get to know my friend and fellow writer Tameka Armstrong!

NaNo 2013 will be my 9th year participating! I've won every year I've participated! So far of those past 8 novels, 3 of them are completed. At first, I did it for fun, but now I'm seriously considering getting published, and am thus polishing my 2012 NaNo novel for agents! I am seasoned and more ready than I can handle! My Imaginative Writing teacher told my class about it waaaay back in my pre-freshman courses at my future high school. My friends and I decided it'd be a fun challenge, and I've been hooked ever since!
I've done everything from Urban Fantasy to Chick Lit to Mystery Thriller. This year, I plan of going the UF route again, simply because it's my favorite genre to both read and write.
My advice is . . . Daily: 1-6-6-7 gets you to NaNo heaven! Seriously guys, 1667 words a day is all you need to make it to the big 5-0 by November 30th! You can do it! Don't give up! Even when you eyes are itchy, your butt is numb, and the plot bunnies are eating you alive, you will succeed if you keep striving for 1667 (and beyond!) a day!
I currently live in Tennessee, and I am 21 years old.
For the longest time, I thought "uvula" was a naughty word, and to this day, I still get those "I just said a bad word" butterflies in my tummy whenever I say it out loud. Silly, I know.
One thing I've learned from my favorite author (if we're mentioning names, it's Kelley Armstrong [pay no attention to the last name resemblance between me and her]), is that no matter what you write, write it for yourself. Write something that you would read over and over again, because when it comes right down to it, you deserve to enjoy yourself. You're writing, doing what YOU love! Have some fun and LOVE YOUR WORK!
I have a blog (http://www.pandareadingabook.wordpress.com/), but it's quite inactive. I'll be working on it more in the coming weeks though, so feel free to add it

No comments:

Post a Comment