Monday, November 11, 2013

NaNoWriMo Spotlight: Rebekah Wolveire


And...here's today's author!

Author’s name: Rebekah Wolveire Location: North Ridgeville—Elyria Ohio Age: 31 Have you participated in NaNaNoWriMo before? Yes If so, how many years? Have you won? I have participated for three years and won all three. This is your chance to tell us a bit about your Nano experience. 
I’m not new, but I am nervous as this year I am living with more people, and I am not sure if I would have enough time to come up with 50K. (more people means more distractions, at least with me.)
Are you wanting to be published, or just playing for fun? 
I write version A (draft 1) for myself, but I eventually want to be published.
Seasoned and ready? 
I am rebelling and working on a project I already started, so in a sense I am ready. (I have been working on every other project lately so I haven’t touched my NaNo project for almost a year, so in that I am not ready yet.) How did you find out about NaNo and why did you decide to do it? 
I used to be into counting pages, but I did some research and found out that editors and publishers counted words. I googled writing sites to improved my writing and I discovered NaNoWriMo.
What type of story do you plan on writing this year, and what have you done in the past? 
This year I am finishing my mystery novel. I normally write horror: paranormal/occult. The first two years I started from a scratch, but last year and this year I am rebelling by focusing on a project that I have already started. (My projects are usually 100,000 words or more, and I typed over 100K last year with two different projects so 50k can be done. What advice would you give? 
I have noticed there are two main groups one that write so much (1.5k to 5k) every day and those who write once or twice a week (10K to 20K). I have pulled both, but I think 2k to 4k a day is easier than trying to pulling a 10k (It can really burn you out.) If you can keep an idea that really sparks your attention. Some people even stop in the middle of a sentence or a scene just so they are fired up the next time that they write. It’s not a competition. Do not be afraid to lose. Make time to write. Take a notebook when you can’t get to a computer, and write whenever you can. (I don’t have kids, but I have relatives and cats that need and take my time. However I have chatted with mothers and fathers who write two hours after their kids go to bed. I knew this one mom had her kids writing with her.)
Tell us one thing that is totally unique to you. I wanted to be a pop singer before I wanted to write. I hardly write about music, because it is a very emotional subject to me. I also want to bring a seductive horror back to vampires. (I feel that Meyers took the horror away from vampires by making them sparkle. I also think she made them creepy by having them stalk teenagers. If any adult stalks a teenager now they are legally and morally wrong.) Do you stalk famous people?
I don’t stalk, but I do have celeb crushes and I use them in my head when creating a character. Secretly raise cats for the lady next door? I live with three cats, but none of them are just mine. (I had two cats within the last six years and they both died, because I think my neighbor is poisoning the mice.) What is something you’ve learned about writing from your favorite author? 
This is a different twist. I learned that you cannot look at yourself at the same levels as a main-streamed published author until you become one. Example Stephen King had said that no rough draft should take more than six weeks. (However he doesn’t live with the people that I do. There are many times where my family would rather have my cooking and baking than my writing.) My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/RebekahWolveire My writing blog (I have a lot of tips for writing and NaNoWriMo on this site.) http://RebekahWolveire.wordpress.com Twitter: http://Rebekah1213.tumblr.com The Whispering Path E-copy https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/207547 The Whispering Path Paperback http://www.amazon.com/The-Whispering-Path-Rebekah-Wolveire/dp/1463674309/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347202676&sr=8-1&keywords=rebekah+wolveire Or http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-whispering-path-rebekah-wolveire/1111604749



No comments:

Post a Comment